Find it

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cable Needs to Come Out With a Japanese Baseball Channel

I used to think that Japanese game shows were the only place you could witness the truly outrageous from the far East, but it turns out I have been mistaken.  You want to see truly outrageous?  Check out the Hiroshima Toyo Carp, a professional baseball team in Japan's Central League.

What is so special about Japanese baseball?  I'll tell you.  Masato Akamatsu and Amaya Souichirou.

Akamatsu and Soichirou are the respective center fielders for the Toyo Carp.  The significance of these two gentleman, you may be asking yourself?  They are the owners of quite possibly the two most impressive catches that the game of baseball has ever witnessed.  When I first encountered the tandem's highlights, I immediately researched if it was a viral video that had been modified, similar to that of the infamous ball girl.  However, after seeing both players featured on Sportscenter, I knew it had to be real.  Akamatsu and Soichirou make Torii Hunter and Carl Crawford look like minor leaguers when it comes to pulling home runs back into the ball park.

I would love to describe the majesty of both catches, but words cannot put this type of greatness into perspective.  Instead, I leave you with the videos.  Prepare to replay it five or six times.  Yeah, it's that good.


No comments:

Post a Comment