Find it

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Are the Wheels Coming Undone on the Lions' Bandwagon?

I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan since I could remember.  However, there is a part of me that wants to jump on the Lions' bandwagon this year.  Don't get me wrong, the Cowboys still are and always will be my team, but there is something about this Detroit team that is so alluring.

Going into the season, I couldn't sing enough praises about this young Lions' team.  Matt Stafford is a tough kid and has the potential to be "the guy" in Detroit.  Calvin Johnson is already amongst the top five receivers in the league.  Detroit also had the best draft, picking up both Jahvid Best and Ndamukong Suh.  Don't look now, but the Lions' could surprise a lot of people.

That was until bad luck reared its wicked head once again on Detroit football.  It's now been 53 years and counting.

First, Stafford suffers a shoulder injury that could sideline him for at least a month.  Then, Megatron makes, what appears to be, an incredible, game-winning catch, only to have to taken away by some foolish NFL rule.  So, the Lions' drop another season opener, to the Bears nonetheless, and Shaun Hill is under center and taking snaps as first string quarterback.

I don't want to sound like a pessimist too early, but Week 1 may be indicative of the entire Lions' season.   However, I'm not jumping off the bandwagon just yet.  If the Lions' can manage to win at least one or two games under Hill's command, they can put themselves in a favorable position with Stafford returning.

I predicted at least an 8-8 season this year, Detroit.  Don't let me down already.

No comments:

Post a Comment